In recent years, Malaysia has experienced numerous public health emergencies and concerns arising from emerging, re-emerging infectious diseases and multi- drug resistance infections. Emerging diseases such as Nipah virus, SARS, Dengue, Avian Influenza, Influenza A(H1N1) have caused significant challenges to the national healthcare system, and remain major causes of ill health. In line with the Ministry of Health priorities, the 2015 PhAMA Awards will focus on research and projects related to these public health concerns.
- 'Managing Infectious Diseases'.
- The objective of this award is to celebrate the innovation and research of individuals or team efforts with significant contribution in managing infectious diseases in Malaysia.
- The targeted audiences of this award are healthcare professionals and students in healthcare sciences from universities, institutions, teaching hospitals, government hospitals and MOH.
- The study must either have been completed, or is pending publication, from year 2013 to 2015.
- Open for completed projects only
- Studies that are sponsored from pharmaceutical company grants are allowed to be submitted in this award competition.
- The study can be submitted in terms of individual effort or group effort.
- Past Submissions are welcome
- Past Awarded submission will not be accepted
(Submissions will be screened for compliance to theme and criteria only)
- The award is RM 12,000*.
- The awardee will be announced during the PhAMA Annual Dinner 2015
- Awardee will be invited to the PhAMA Dinner 2015
*Awards for Runner Ups will be given arbitrarily if the judges deem that there are deserving submissions
Online Submission Form: